In the context of World No Tobacco Day 2014, a Training of Trainers workshop was was held on 4 and 5 June 2014 at Domaine Les Pailles for 25 officers of the youth cadre of the Ministry of Youth and Sports. Participants identified a number of community-based youth-oriented projects aimed at sensitizing young people on the hazards of tobacco use. These projects were:
- Quiz competition at Montagne Blanche;
- Sketch and workshop at PlaineVerte;
- Slam and sketch competition at Chemin Grenier;
- Drawing competition and interactive session at Mahebourg;
- Fresques and workshop at Grande Riviere Noire;
- Quiz competition and discussion at Flacq;
- Sketch at La Caverne;
- Quiz competition, talk and bubble shooter competition at Pamplemousses; and
- Fresque and interactive session at Barkly.
A total of 2,000 youth was reached through the implementation of these projects.
The Ministry of Youth and Sports contributed to the tune of Rs 45,000 for implementing the project activities. Click here to read more on the activity