The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Health and Quality of Life
30 June 2015
Training of Trainers Workshop on Tobacco Use Prevention
This is to inform you that the association VISA is organizinga two-day Training of Trainers Workshop on tobacco prevention for twenty-five (25) participants. The objective of the workshop is to empower participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out informational and educational activities against tobacco use in the community. An educational tool on tobacco prevention developed by VISA with the assistance of a professional design agency will also be introduced and given to participants.
The workshop will be held at Gold Crest Hotel on 22 and 23 July 2015. All expenses will be borne by VISA. The programme is enclosed.
A similar workshop will be organized for another group of 25 participants on 5 and 6 August 2015. The venue and programme remain unchanged.
I would be grateful if you could favourably consider the following requests from VISA:
- the release of 13 officers involved in health education activities at community level to attend the workshop scheduled for 22 and 23 July 2015;
- the release of 12 officers with similar profile as above to attend the second workshop scheduled for 5 and 6 August, 2015;
- the release of the following officers to serve as resource persons for the above workshops:
– Mrs V. Vythelingum, Health IEC Officer (to speak on the tobacco situation in Mauritius);
– Dr. Bucktowar, Consultant Psychiatrist (to speak on smoking cessation); and
– Dr. (Mrs) A. Deelchand(to speak on the health consequences of tobacco use).
I would also be grateful if the Minister of Health and Quality of Life could attend the opening ceremony of one of the workshops and address the participants.
I seize this opportunity to thank you for your continued and valued support to VISA.
Mobile: 5 96 37 629
Copy: Dr. V. Pauvaday, Director General Health Services
Dr. A. Deelchand, Director Health Services